2.1K views

I will strongly suggest never ever get any wheel alignment at Firestone please !!!!!!!!

I changed my both front tires at Firestone. At that time they suggest me to get tire alignment. Also they ask me to get life time alignment.

I got lifetime alignment package and got my car alignment. After driving for while I fill my car is getting pulled toward left so I went for alignment check.

After getting alignment, my steering wheel setting is completely lost !!!. If I am putting my steering wheel straight my car is pulled in right direction. So if I want to drive straight I have to hold my steering tilted towards left.

I went to same Firestone service center to recheck, even mechanic took the test drive also and confirm me issue. But they are completely clue less why this issue is happen.

So I went to other Firestone service center where they did the alignment again, their alignment result is very different than the first one, and that service station confirm me that their could be issue with alignment equipment at Firestone where I got my alignment !!! Even that firestone station fail to solve the issue.

Still I have issue with my car. I went three time but still they fail to solve the issue which created by them self !!!

I shows result from other Firestone service station to them so now they ask me to bring car on next Saturday but I am doubted are they able to solve this issue or not !!!!!

I waste plenty of my time behind them.

I feel completely fool by paying them Alignment service and top of that taking Life time alignment service.

Please guide me how to get my Lifetime Alignment charge back ??

Had an Experience with Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Comments

Edgewater, Maryland, United States #1251590

theyn wont even do alignment unless u purchase 300 plus dollars worh of front end stuff.....tie rod end, pitman arm etc...firestone alwqays states that they wont align the front emnd until that equiotment is installed.....they bterak stuff..loose hubcap parts..etc..

lifetime alignment is amazing. you probably live in an uneducated area (based on the spelling)......you probably have loose tie rods. inner and outer.

Bought 4 tires at a Firestone shop.my car didn't have any alignment issues, but they tried to sell me an alignment kit.

I declined.

the car was pulling after I left the shop, and it turned out the driver's front wheel was overinflated by several psi.I evened up the pressure, no more pulling.

Sleazy mechanics have been snlileg alignments as standard maintenance for years.An alignment is done by turning a nut on your tie rods, this points the individual tire either more towards the center of the car or towards the outside of the car, this is called adjusting the toe.

The entire alignment takes less than five minutes. The term in the shop is "adjust the toe and collect the dough."Many cars don't even have any adjustment for the rear wheel's alignment. That means that many cars can't have a four wheel alignment without some serious work being performed. I'm not saying a shop won't charge you for it, I'm just saying that they're not doing anything to the rear wheels.I think that should answer your question about whether or not you have to do all four wheels.There are a lot of misconceptions about wheel alignment.

Many people inaccurately think an alignment is basic car maintenance. The fact is, your car is very unlikely to go out of alignment without actually hitting something. Common reasons to need an alignment would be sliding into a curb with the front wheels turned to one side or hitting a pot hole.If you've been using the old test of taking your hands off the wheel and seeing if your car goes straight, stop it, it's an extremely ineffective way to tell if your car's alignment is out.

That behavior can be caused by many different reasons, like tire pressure or more commonly the "crown" in the road.The signs that your car needs an...

There are 2200 firestones nationwide, the company cares about it's customers, if you have an issue with one the warranty is a NATIONWIDE warranty. Simply contact another firestone I am sure there is another one in your area.

What year is your car? What make and model? It is possible that if you have a newer car, that it has a steering angle sensor that need to be reset when you set the alignment. I would suggest taking it to yet a third Firestone and explain the issue directly to the manager.

I've been a Firestone customer for over 15 years and overall love them. They have screwed things up in the past but they always make it right.

Also I love the lifetime alignment. I bought one about 10 years ago, and I still have the car and have set the alignment like 25 times. That is probably the best value I have ever gotten!

to ZipDog #772173

I was told my lifetime alignment warranty was not good any more because

the tires on the car were not Firestone.

My lifetime warranty had been in effect on my car since

2007 on same care.No where in the warranty does it say it has to be Firestone tires.

The salesman said the policy changed two years ago.

That should have nothing to do with my warranty before that.The salesman abrasive on top of that.

This should be a class action lawsuit.