Hello,

We used to take our 2008 truck regularly to Firestone in Newark, CA. There was excellent customer service. Staff would send us emails and coupons to use for our next oil change. We even has life-time wheel alignment. After we passed the truck to our daughter, I would forward the emails for her to use on the 2008 truck. That was the end of good customer service. Did the franchise change ownership?

Recently, when our warranty expired on our 2016 truck, we looked to Firestone for a simple oil change. On July 24th, 2018, we had an appointment for 10 am. At about 11 am, I receive a call regarding "what kind of oil" was needed. What? They were looking it up. Oh, no, I told my husband, they are not familiar with our truck. When we left our truck there, we were not called even though we were told it would take one hour. when I told them that no one called, they insisted they did and we didn't answer. I finally called at 2 pm!! Wouldn't it register on my cell phone? There was no proof that they called on my telephone "recent" call list.

At arriving, we still had to wait because the battery wasn't checked as stated on their "to do" list. So we waited for "Ernesto" to check it. Well he left oily fingerprints all over while doing this and because he must have been in a hurry did not clean up afterwards. They were so obvious on our "shiny" black truck that was recently "Auto Butler" coated by the dealer!

What really upset us was that the mileage for oil change was not re-set. We had to go back to have it reset and the person at the desk reset it. Now we have to watch that mileage because it will be "short"of the actual mileage notification for another oil change.

So I am sure we will be sharing this with our circles of friends of such poor customer service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

BSRO Social

We definitely understand your frustration regarding this recent oil change service. We would like to offer our assistance.

Please, email us at, socialcare@bfrc.com, with complete details, your contact information, and your invoice number. Thank you for choosing Firestone, we look forward to your reply.^Kristyn