Resolved
3.3
Turnaround Time

Update by user Mar 21, 2016

Called customer support, received a call the next day from firestone and the issue was resolved free of charge

Original review posted by user Mar 17, 2016

I went in for an oil change. I had just purchased a 2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium that had been fairly well taken care of, and I didn't know when the last owner had gotten an oil change, so I wanted to make sure I took care of the car by getting one. However, within a few days after getting my car back, it was idling oddly, then a check engine light came on for fuel system too lean. I was shocked, and not sure what would cause the sudden change because the car was working fine before I brought it in. I found the vacuum leak in the back of the engine, a part was melted away, but with the engine on I could reach the part without burning myself, so I thought that was odd.

So I changed that part with a part I went straight to Ford to get. - I also changed the battery myself at Firestone's recommendation, but that has nothing to do with the issue I have, just including it because it happened - It drove well for a few minutes, but then the issue came back worse.

When the car is warmed up now, if it idles for too long, it jumps from 300 rpms to 700 rpms, however it almost always dies out. Which means there is another leak, that I'm struggling to find. I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the tech would tell me the engine "looks so clean" and then have it *** out on me like this like they're trying to damage my car so I have to come back in and spend more money to get things fixed.

I called Firestone customer support and then my local Firestone (lemont, illinois) called me today asking me to come in tomorrow to see if they can resolve the issue. I will comment my experience with them as soon as I'm done with them tomorrow. I'm just a teenager without much car experience who paid for the car and services myself and really don't have the money to deal with *** it seems like they did.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to "the company to recheck and solve the issues in the engine which they said looked "so clean"". JoshawaStell is overall dissatisfied with Firestone Complete Auto Care. The most disappointing about firestone complete auto care oil change at Firestone Complete Auto Care was car didnt work well after i left , but reviewer liked people were nice. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Sears Auto Center that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Service Centers and Repairs category for more informed decision or compare Firestone Complete Auto Care to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Comments

BSRO Social

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.We understand your concerns with the issues you experienced after service to your vehicle.

We would like to help and look into this further. If you could please email us at SocialCare@bfrc.com with details, your invoice number, the store's 6 digit number or physical address, and the best number you can be reached at it would be greatly appreciated.

We value your feedback and business as a Firestone customer.We hope yo hear back from you soon.