On 1/4/19 i had my car towed to kingsport firestone.i went to the store and told them car was smoking.i didnt know if something with water or oil.they said they would contact me after looking at it.i called them close to closing time since they didnt.i was told that they had ALREADY ordered part for car and car was not able to be moved.picked car up on 1/9/19 to find out the bill was $481.26. NOONE happened to discuss this amount with me or talking to me before ordering part.i would not have had this work done if i had known in advance.i went back to discuss with manager only to get a free oil change card because they didnt check the oil and it was extremely low.needless to say i am so not happy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Firestone Complete Auto Care Car Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

BSRO Social

Hello, We fully understand how you would be upset. We would be more than happy to make sure this is addressed.

If you would like, please, feel free to email us at, socialcare@bfrc.com, with the details you have provided here, your contact information, and the invoice number. Thank you for choosing Firestone, we hope to hear from you soon.^Kristyn

Water makes steam or leaks. There shouldn't be any plain water anywhere in the system , it would or should be mixed with coolant ; Oil makes blue smoke, gasoline black.

What was your plan ? You drove a dangerously neglected vehicle which wasn't going to last much longer and they are trying to save it. Now you're griping. Were you going to try to drive it elsewhere and get several estimates ?

It would have burned up by then and been a total loss.

Perhaps they should have had you sign off the repair, but what would you say ? "No , I don't want it fixed I'll just drive it until it blows up or catches fire or the engine seizes" ?