Verified Reviewer

I recently had the opportunity to use a local Firestone tire dealer in my local area. I was in need of four new Bridgestone tires, two through a aftermarket warranty and two out of pocket.

I had called the aftermarket warranty to file a claim and what I needed to do/ where I needed to go. They recommend a local Firestone, PepBoys or dealer. Make sure I specifically tell them to call them first and make sure the tire is in stock. I called on the Firestone on 731 E Union Hills Dr Phoenix, Az 85024, 602-992-****, talked to a service representative who stated they had the tires in stock in the store and I let him know I had the aftermarket warranty, he kindly said no problems, just to make an appointment and took the phone number.

He said the shop was busy and it would be nice if I made the appointment online. After we got off the phone I went on the website and booked the appointment and in the comments/ note area I included tire brand, size, aftermarket warranty phone number. After I booked I got a confirmation for the wrong day. I called the customer service line to fix and they connected me directly to the store.

Again, I restated to the service rep my situation, warranty, tire size, brand and he assured me it was in stock and they can move the appointment to the 27th I don’t need to do anything else they will take care of everything. Okay great, I was set. Saturday rolls around I had a long day at the hospital at work, determined to make my appointment I switched shifts with a coworker. I made it to Firestone at 20 mph on a couple of damaged tires.

I walked in and was met with a snarl, unwelcoming individual Daniel Newton. The sign at the door stated mask must be worn in the store but he had his rolled on his chin. I told him I wanted to check in for my appointment for four new tires he seemed out of breath and stated they were very busy and they can take me? What?

I told him I made an appointment he said will we have been canceling them.. okay? I said I rearranged my schedule from work to get here at 20 mph. He said well what’s the tire you need?

Gave him the size and quickly responded we don’t carry those here we would have to order them. I went to explain that I called here not once but twice and the rep told me they had them in stock here at the store. He then proceeded to argue with me about who I spoke with and that they can’t take me. I tried to explain but was rudely cut off every time.

I asked about the warranty and said well we can’t do that anyway. I tried to explain, I got now where. He argued, “he’s been working there the longest”, okay awkward comment I thought? Then he says I can talk to another guy.

Well the shop looks super busy, pull a guy from working a car to tell me what? I honestly, honestly left in tears and had to compose myself in my truck. I had to cancel LYFT driver coming to pick me up and I felt that my race and my appearance had a major impact on the way I was treated. This is as horrible.

I did my part in making sure I followed the steps for a smooth transaction. Worst experience, I will never to back to that Firestone nor will I recommend coworker and family members have their service done there.

User's recommendation: Do not go to the Firestone on Union Hills and 7th Street.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Comments

Hello Lisa, we are sorry to hear of the poor customer service you received. We would like to ensure this is addressed with our teammate.

Please, send us an email to, socialcare@bfrc.com, with full details, your contact information, and the store's full address.

Thank you for choosing Firestone, we look forward to your reply. ^Kristyn

Firestone Complete Auto Care Reviews