I took my vehicle to Firestone, on William Cannon Drive in Austin, Tx on August 3, 2020. After inspection of my vehicle by a mechanic, I was told that the roaring noise from my vehicle was due to a "bad left hub bearing".

I informed the Associate, Al that I had already had wheel bearings replaced on the front, left and right in February of this year, however, I was ASSURED that a bad left hub bearing was my problem. I agreed to have this work done which totaled $525.33. I had the left wheel bearing replaced on August 7, 2020. Upon receiving my vehicle after "repair" was done, I immediately noticed the roaring noise was still present with the same loud intensity.

I IMMEDIATELY returned my vehicle to Firestone on William Cannon Drive in Austin, Tx. My vehicle was inspected again by the previous mechanic. I was then told that an axle was causing the roaring noise that was still present. After the axle was "replaced", I was called by an Associate that informed me that there was still a "slight noise" and that now I needed a right wheel bearing replacement that would cost another $525.

I refused to pay a cost for this third diagnosis. I know that bad wheel bearings can be correctly diagnosed simultaneously because i received a simultaneous diagnosis in February 2020. I received my vehicle and immediately heard the roaring noise at the very same intensity.

I have faithfully utilized services at Firestone since 2011. I have always been satisfied with service rendered until this encounter.

I am an essential worker ( nurse) that must have reliable transportation to render my essential skills. This encounter has caused me to regret using Firestone for this repair and will probably force me to never return.

User's recommendation: Do NOT use Firestone for wheel bearing diagnosis or replacement.

Comments

#1974649

DEMAND THAT YOU WANT YOU MONEY BACK. IF YOU CHARGE IT WITH CREDIT FIRST, TELL THEM YOUR PROBLEM AND DEMAND THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

IF YOUR LIKE ME I AM NOT PAYING MY BILL TILL THEY DO SOMETHING. IF ITS GO TO COURT,THEN SO BE IT.

#1909678

Hello Tymber, we are sorry to hear that the service at our Austin store did not resolve the issue. We would be happy to assist you with this matter.

Please, send us an email to, socialcare@bfrc.com, with full details, your contact information, and your invoice number.

We value your business with Firestone, and hope to hear from you. ^Kristyn

Firestone Complete Auto Care Reviews