Verified Reviewer

I had never used Firestone before. I took my 1998 Ford Explorer to Firestone and asked them to check for why I am having so many leaks.

Well I was offered a Firestone credit card for hardship they claimed would help me. I was happy they would help me. Little did I know they would scam me and do things I did not ask them to do. I was told I needed a engine gasket.

Ok thats fine and I asked for them to go ahead and do it. Well they asked did I want a alignment on my 1998 Ford Explorer Sports truck. I said ok sure. That was all they were suppose to do.

But they never told me they were going to do my ball joints. This was never explained to me at no time. Because I would have told them no and to do not do an alignment. Do yall see where I am going.

After they get your vehicle in their garage. Its no communication. Its $$$$$ Signs. Ok I was asked did I want a oil change I said yes.

But I was told they would have to order my oil filter from the ford dealer and I get my oil change every three months and I have never had to get a oil filter from Ford dealerships! Hmmm well ok I am guessing its for the best. Remember I am disabled had knee replacement surgery in need of a second one. Walking with a cane because of a chronic bone disease.

Which could of been caused from a job I worked at for years 12 hour ship . I worked all my life!! Now I stayed all day at Firestone with my special needs son and had to beg someone to take me home. I was told they would and they did.

Thinking oh these people are so nice. Long story short. Firestone kept my vehicle for 2 and a half days and Yes I had to begged them to pick me up and bring we back to get my vehicle on the third day. Well I made it home safely but the next day my vehicle would not start.

Had to get a charger start by a neighbor. Ok I needed to get to the grocery store. Stopped again and again. Ok I finally stopped at Advanced Auto and they told me I needed a alternator.

Therefore I purchased a alternator and a alternator belt and had Your Mechanic to put it on. My vehicle was running good with no stopping issues. Now my issue with Firestone. Why didnt they tell me that I needed an alternator while they were suppose to do a complete evaluation.

Thats what I was being ripped off for. Whats worst is I found out that my 1998 Ford was still leaking!!! Actually the leaking got worst!!! Firestone did not fix my leaks.

I find out that I needed a Engine plug gasket and a my heater hose needed fixing . Really!!!!! But yet let Firestone tell it! I have no more leaks.

I have proof from your Mechanic and yes I had to get Your Mechanic to fix what Firestone didnt do . Just remember I am on a fixed income with a Special Needs Son. I went back up to Firestone and told them about my issues and they said nothing and wasnt concerned. But I paid the the second 30.00 they required me to pay.

But in June 2020 I get a mail saying to pay them 89.00 and a full pages of what they did do which is how I found out about extra things such as ball joints etc I didnt ask for. Because the fact is I buy all my parts. For a 1998 Ford Explore Sports. I have only had to pay less than 200.00 because I struggle and buy my parts!

And now I find out from other people who knew Firestone has been a rip off for years and the bank they use to finance which I never heard of will ruin your credit with outraged prices claiming to care so much about their customers. Beware this is the Firestone in humble Texas on fallbrook.

You will stay there all day just to get scammed. Contact BBB and a lawyer as well as the SSI for scamming disabled people!!

User's recommendation: Never deal with firestone complete care.

Product or Service Mentioned: Firestone Complete Auto Care Truck Repair.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Firestone Complete Auto Care Pros: Nice to the customer at first.

Firestone Complete Auto Care Cons: Poor service, Commmunication issues felt scam.

Location: 9715 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, TX 77396

Comments

Hello Lyllian, we're sorry to hear of these issues that have occurred while visiting our Houston store. If you would like to discuss this with us, please, feel free to send us an email to, socialcare@bfrc.com.

We will need full details, your contact information, and your invoice number(s).

You are a valued Firestone customer, we hope to hear from you soon. ^Kristyn

Firestone Complete Auto Care Reviews