Firestone Complete Auto Care - Review about Firestone Radiator Repair from Fort Collins, Colorado
We took a 2001 Ford Taurus to the Firestone Complete Care here in Fort Collins, CO because the heat wasn't working and also for a routine oil change.They end up telling us that we need a new thermostat.
Sounds reasonable enough, no heat could be because the water isn't circulating correctly, but they then inform us that they've stripped a fastener and they take several hours longer than the originally quoted time. They finally get done, we leave and the heater works for about one day. We take it back and they tell us we need a new heater core to the tune of almost a thousand dollars. The car starts smelling like coolant when it's running so I do what I should have done and look at the "new" thermostat.
It was leaking and looked horrible. They stripped 2 of 3 fasteners that hold it in place, they tried to use a common hardware fasteners to hold it together on one side and a huge gob of RTV silicon on the other side. It also appears that they used some heavy mil rubber to fashion a gasket to try to hold this contraption together, but I also know what that the spec for this car is a paper gasket. When shown the mistake they try to pretend like they told us to come back so they could properly fix it.
This was an outright lie. Not only did they not ask for the car back, but they actually had it back for a whole day between the time they did this "work" and the time I discovered it. In that entire day they did nothing to fix it, just quoted us a much higher price to fix the heater core. I have to wonder if they intended to do more work unnecessarily to conceal the substandard (to put it lightly) work they had already done.
I filed a formal complaint with Firestone and heard from the regional manager. She called and spoke with me, seemed very responsive and concerned at first, said they wanted to make it right. I called her back to ask an additional question, which I feel I'm entitled to after pay over $200 for the terrible quality of their work, and she doesn't bother to call back. It takes them a week to get the new intake in (yes, they damaged it sufficiently that a whole new intake housing was the only way to fix it, no wonder they tried to conceal it right?!).
They say they need to car for several days but will not cover a rental. Store manager says he can't authorize rental despite needing the car for several days to fix their screw-up, so I'd have to talk to regional, who won't return my phone calls. The only thing worse than the inept service of this organization is the systemic lack of accountability in this entire organization. Just terrible!
If you doubt that claim, please see the pictures attached, I took them they day I discovered this whole mess.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Firestone Radiator Repair
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "AVOID AT ALL COSTS OR IT WILL COST!!! Called Skinner Meineke about replacement of catalytic converter, was quoted $225 out the door. Got there and it was actually $640! They..."
- "On a routine service visit Firestone technician put water in my brake fluid reservoir. Within weeks my entire brake system was destroyed, the tubes, lines, master cylinder, whole shabang. They..."
- "Does it look like these where from the same batch? No. I brought my car in for some emergent rear brake work, June 25th. I agreed that the rotors and..."
- "We ordered a nice basket of flowers and plants for my mother for mother's day and what she recieved was four common green plants in cheap green generic plant holders...."
- "I was paying $45/ month for the past year of Xfinity's poor services and now I'm charged with a bill$ 273.89 on my account for 2 months. I never got..."
- "I purchased a DeLonghi Pump Espresso Machine Model # EC702 last fall. It came with a full 1 year warranty and is 3 months old. It leaks water..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "Two year old leather recliner had large discolored area suddenly appear on headrest. I had purchased the fabric protection plan when I bought the recliner from Lazyboy. The..."