Fort Collins, Colorado

We took a 2001 Ford Taurus to the Firestone Complete Care here in Fort Collins, CO because the heat wasn't working and also for a routine oil change.They end up telling us that we need a new thermostat.

Related: Firestone Complete Auto Care - Firestone location on Smoky Hill Road-Aurora, CO

Sounds reasonable enough, no heat could be because the water isn't circulating correctly, but they then inform us that they've stripped a fastener and they take several hours longer than the originally quoted time. They finally get done, we leave and the heater works for about one day. We take it back and they tell us we need a new heater core to the tune of almost a thousand dollars. The car starts smelling like coolant when it's running so I do what I should have done and look at the "new" thermostat.

It was leaking and looked horrible. They stripped 2 of 3 fasteners that hold it in place, they tried to use a common hardware fasteners to hold it together on one side and a huge gob of RTV silicon on the other side. It also appears that they used some heavy mil rubber to fashion a gasket to try to hold this contraption together, but I also know what that the spec for this car is a paper gasket. When shown the mistake they try to pretend like they told us to come back so they could properly fix it.

This was an outright lie. Not only did they not ask for the car back, but they actually had it back for a whole day between the time they did this "work" and the time I discovered it. In that entire day they did nothing to fix it, just quoted us a much higher price to fix the heater core. I have to wonder if they intended to do more work unnecessarily to conceal the substandard (to put it lightly) work they had already done.

I filed a formal complaint with Firestone and heard from the regional manager. She called and spoke with me, seemed very responsive and concerned at first, said they wanted to make it right. I called her back to ask an additional question, which I feel I'm entitled to after pay over $200 for the terrible quality of their work, and she doesn't bother to call back. It takes them a week to get the new intake in (yes, they damaged it sufficiently that a whole new intake housing was the only way to fix it, no wonder they tried to conceal it right?!).

They say they need to car for several days but will not cover a rental. Store manager says he can't authorize rental despite needing the car for several days to fix their screw-up, so I'd have to talk to regional, who won't return my phone calls. The only thing worse than the inept service of this organization is the systemic lack of accountability in this entire organization. Just terrible!

If you doubt that claim, please see the pictures attached, I took them they day I discovered this whole mess.

Review about: Firestone Radiator Repair.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Comments

#1119858

You were told about the problem up front and could not leave the car for proper repair!

BLC703
to Anonymous Fort Collins, Colorado, United States #1181181

Firstly, no. I was not told any such thing. And secondly, why are you posting as anonymous?

BSRO Social

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.We understand your frustration with the issues you experienced after service and the inconvenience this has caused you.

We would like to investigate this further. If you could email us at SocialCare@bfrc.com with further details, invoice number (if available), the store's 6 digit number or physical address, and the best number you can be reached at it would be greatly appreciated.

We value your feedback and business as a Firestone customer.We hope to hear back from you soon.