Firestone Complete Auto Care - Review about Firestone Radiator Repair from Fort Collins, Colorado
We took a 2001 Ford Taurus to the Firestone Complete Care here in Fort Collins, CO because the heat wasn't working and also for a routine oil change.They end up telling us that we need a new thermostat.
Sounds reasonable enough, no heat could be because the water isn't circulating correctly, but they then inform us that they've stripped a fastener and they take several hours longer than the originally quoted time. They finally get done, we leave and the heater works for about one day. We take it back and they tell us we need a new heater core to the tune of almost a thousand dollars. The car starts smelling like coolant when it's running so I do what I should have done and look at the "new" thermostat.
It was leaking and looked horrible. They stripped 2 of 3 fasteners that hold it in place, they tried to use a common hardware fasteners to hold it together on one side and a huge gob of RTV silicon on the other side. It also appears that they used some heavy mil rubber to fashion a gasket to try to hold this contraption together, but I also know what that the spec for this car is a paper gasket. When shown the mistake they try to pretend like they told us to come back so they could properly fix it.
This was an outright lie. Not only did they not ask for the car back, but they actually had it back for a whole day between the time they did this "work" and the time I discovered it. In that entire day they did nothing to fix it, just quoted us a much higher price to fix the heater core. I have to wonder if they intended to do more work unnecessarily to conceal the substandard (to put it lightly) work they had already done.
I filed a formal complaint with Firestone and heard from the regional manager. She called and spoke with me, seemed very responsive and concerned at first, said they wanted to make it right. I called her back to ask an additional question, which I feel I'm entitled to after pay over $200 for the terrible quality of their work, and she doesn't bother to call back. It takes them a week to get the new intake in (yes, they damaged it sufficiently that a whole new intake housing was the only way to fix it, no wonder they tried to conceal it right?!).
They say they need to car for several days but will not cover a rental. Store manager says he can't authorize rental despite needing the car for several days to fix their screw-up, so I'd have to talk to regional, who won't return my phone calls. The only thing worse than the inept service of this organization is the systemic lack of accountability in this entire organization. Just terrible!
If you doubt that claim, please see the pictures attached, I took them they day I discovered this whole mess.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Firestone Radiator Repair
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Owned Chateau from end of March and my Rig has been to Camping World around 5 times and reported over 11 issues and still going with them ever y day.Well,..."
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "I had 4 new tires installed on my Acura MDX Sport at Tire Kingdom in Lake Park, FL. My vehicle is only 2 years old and has a special..."
- "I just recieved a package via USPS that had obviously been opened and looted. This had to have been done by USPS as it was in their care at the..."
- "I purchased a DeLonghi Pump Espresso Machine Model # EC702 last fall. It came with a full 1 year warranty and is 3 months old. It leaks water..."
- "I am on day 2 of trying to get this resolved. I ordered flowers for a sick friend and what they sent her was nothing like what I paid for...."
- "if this is how walmart ships items i will no longer buy from them and on top of it I was told since the items that I purchased were from..."
- "I have always had suspicions of Thumbtack creating fake leads to take our money, known that other pros submit them to get competitors pricing and thought it possible some were..."
- "I have been using Webeasy since 2007 and have created many sites with the program. I have often found glitches which were remedied by support either online or by phone,..."