61 views
Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
1.4

Took my car to firestone because I had an oil leek. I didn't have a leek until I brought it in a month before to get a antifreeze leek.

They said I had a leek at my crankshaft and timing gasket. I told them to fix it and it cost me $945.00. One month later I had an oil leek pretty bad. I went back and ask them to fix it.

They told me it was my intake manifold gaskets. They said it would cost $714.00. I told them to fix them. Next day my oil was leaking again.

Took the car back and the manager who worked on the car said it must be my valve cover gasket the one he replaced. He told me it must have rolled on him when he was installing it. I took the car home and brought it in the next day. I told him I checked all around the valve cover and no oil.

I told him it looked like it was coming from behind the oil filter. He told me i was right. He said for me to leave the car and he would give me a call to let me know what was happening . He sad three hours.

Five hours and no call. I called and ask to speak to him and they told me if I wanted to talk to him I would have to come down. I told her how can I come down when he has my car? She said he would call me.

45 min later I got a call, not from him but from the lady that works there. She said he went home and that he told her to tell me that I needed to take my car to an engine shop because, my crankshaft was bad. I told her he is crazy. If my crankshaft was bad it may not start or would shake when driving.

She told me that I will have the oil leek again because of that problem. I went down and drove home with no problem driving. Now I would like to be reimburse for the gaskets I didn't need done. Its like going in for a brake job and they repair your carburetor.

They then fix your brakes and charge you for both. I told the company I refuse to pay for a job I didn't need.

User's recommendation: Find a repair man that's reputable.

Firestone Complete Auto Care Cons: How inaccurate the diagnosis was.

Comments

#1974745

KRISTYN YOU HAVE ALL MY INFORMATION. THIS REPLY YOU SENT ME IS DATED JULY 28 2020.

I SENT YOU ALL THAT INFORMATION WITH A COPY OF MY FIRST LETTER. I ALSO SENT A COPY IN THE MAIL TO YOU. I ALSO SENT A LETTER TO 18 DIFFERENT FIRESTONE STORES, SO THEY COULD READ ALL ABOUT MY ORDEAL. ILL KEEP WRIGHTING THESE COMMENTS UNTILL YOU GET IN TOUCH WITH ME.

YOU HAVE MY EMAIL AND, MY PHONE NUMBER. MABE WE COULD MEET IN COURT.

#1901953

Hello Thomas, we are sorry to hear of this issue after service. We would like to investigate your concerns, please, send us an email to, socialcare@bfrc.com.

We will need full details, your contact information, and your invoice number.

Thank you for choosing Firestone, we value your business. ^Kristyn

#1974659
@Bridgestone

I SENT YOU DETAILS, INVOICE NUMBER, MANANGER WHO WORKED ON MY CAR. I DIDN'T SEND YOU MY BILL.

I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY YOU FOR THE PREVIOUS BILL $945.00 FOR TIMING COVER GASKET.

WHILE REPLACING THE COVER THEY DAMAGED MY HARMONIC BALLANCER OR CRANKSHAFT, WHICH CAUSED MY OIL LEEK,THAT COST ME $715.00. MAYBE THE COURT WILL AWARD ME DAMAGES FOR THAT AND ALL THE TIME I SPENT AT THAT SHOP.

Firestone Complete Auto Care Reviews