Albany, New York
Resolved
2.5

Update by user Nov 04, 2018

All is well. The bank, Credit First refused to even let me dispute this charge.

They said it should probably have been for more and told me I should just be glad that that was all they charged ! I contacted the firestone where the erroneous charge was made and was told the manager would call me the next day. He did not. I contacted the district manager and he apparently contacted the manager, who called me about 10 days later.

The manager was very apologetic, said the person I had spoken to at firestone had been the one who charged the card, and never told him I had called.

He reversed the charge and disciplined the person who had charged the card. So, a satisfactory ending with Firestone, but Credit First was very rude, so I cancelled that credit card.

Original review posted by user Oct 05, 2018

My car was in there for an estimate. The estimate was too high to make fixing the car worthwhile. I have bought another car.

I was told that there was no charge. Some time later, I just happened to open what appeared to be an ad for Firestone, only to find that it was a bill from an unused - for 4 years - Firestone credit card which I was not aware I still had. I did not authorize this charge, andwas I told that there was no charge whatsoever.

If this is not illegal, it is highly unethical.

I have paid this amount because I feel that the threat to my credit score due to this extortion is greater that the $ involved.

I have spent thousands of dollars at this firestone. I now have another car that will eventually need work. It will NOT be done at Firestone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Firestone Complete Auto Care Manager.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Firestone Complete Auto Care Cons: Charged old credit card without authorization, Charged credit card without authorization.

• Unethical Charge

Comments

Consumer A

We would like to offer our assistance with this credit card issue. If you would like to discuss this with us, please, feel free to email us at, socialcare@bfrc.com, with complete details, your contact information, and the invoice number (if possible). Thank you for choosing Firestone, we value your business.^Kristyn

Firestone Complete Auto Care Reviews