State: North Carolina Product: Firestone Complete Auto Care Manager Clear all filters (1 of 33 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Firestone Complete Auto Care in Winston Salem, North Carolina - Overcharging

Lexington, NC residents beware of Firestone Complete Auto Care! I recently discovered that this company charges customers about 300% above retail cost for parts they service your vehicle with and then add large hourly fees for installing them! There are several other auto service businesses in the area that will give you a better deal and stand behind their work. Be careful about falling into a trap of thinking Firestone is the best just because of there national name. Firestone will also attempt to pressure you into purchasing services that you don't need. I have personally been a victim of this practice at the hands of the Lexington, NC Firestone store manager. Check all your reciepts and don't hesitate to question everything they do if you should choose them to service your vehicle.

This is true.

They tried to charge me $254 for a strut assembly that cost $85.

Consumer A

I am from the corporate office of Firestone Complete Auto Care.

We do our best to be as competitive as possible in the marketplace with other full-service automotive service retailers. Unfortunately, we cannot compete with part houses who only sell parts and do not install them.

The markup on parts varies based on the part and the labor will also vary based on the time it takes to service the vehicle.

While marking up prices sounds like a deceptive practice, it is necessary in order to maintain the operations of the store and employ the technicians who work on the vehicle. Part of the selling price is also the ability to provide quality parts and long post-purchase warranties so that if something happens down the road, we can stand behind our work and the parts that we used in the service.

When we see vehicles, we believe that the customer has a right to know the condition of their vehicle and to be informed of what the vehicle manufacturer recommends based on mileage or age of the vehicle. Then, the customer has the option to have those services performed or wait until a later time. Many customers appreciate us letting them know so they can take care of the service or plan for the service at a later time.

However, if the store told you that you had to get something done or engaged in a high pressure conversation, then I would like to know because that is not how we want to operate.

Please send me an email at social@bfrc.com so I can get more information from you.

Thanks,