2.7
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Re: Library Road, Bethel Park, PA Location

I had a 9:00 a.m. appt. Saturday, 12/1/18 to install 4 tires on my vehicle that I purchased from Firestone, along with an alignment. I arrived at 8:45 a.m. and as of 10:20 a.m. my vehicle was still parked outside. When I checked in at the desk I made sure they were going to do an alignment and they didn't have that info. Tony said it would be 2 hours. I didn't know that he meant an additional 2 hrs.

At 11:30 my vehicle was brought outside and when the technician gave the service rep my paperwork he asked if an alignment was done and the tech said no, so he took my vehicle back into the garage. I left there at 12:00 Noon. When the service desk rep was checking me out I mentioned that service was slow. Tony interjected saying "I told you it was going to take 2 hours." I thought to myself I didn't realize it was going to be 2 hrs. in addition to the tire installation. Also, it was ironic that the alignment took only 1/2 hr. to do when they realized they didn't do it initially.

A lady with a 10:00 a.m. appt. waited 2 hrs. for an inspection and was told when she inquired how much longer it was going to take, she was told 2 hrs.

I know of 3 people that had 9:00 a.m. appts. I understand that they schedule more than one person at a time but that should be only if they have the manpower to do the work.

When checking out I said to the service desk rep. about the slow service, and he indicated that there was a reduction in technicians for that location due to possibly tearing down that building for relocation but learned that week that their lease was renewed and they would soon be back to full staff.

Let me say that I am a long-term, consistent customer of Firestone at this location. I go there for my oil changes, tire rotations, I have the lifetime alignment and I purchase my tires from Firestone. I think this type of service is unacceptable. I understand if you are a walk-in that you have to wait but having an appt. doesn't seem to matter. If my appt. was in the afternoon I would understand knowing that during the course of the day things can get delayed but my appt. was at 9:00 a.m., not in the afternoon.

I am a working individual and value the fact that I can handle my auto maintenance over the weekend and that is primarily the reason I deal with Firestone. However, I do not have the luxury of leaving my vehicle there for the day on Sat. or Sunday because I have things I need to do. Working a 10-hr. day leaves only the weekend to do personal errands. I think Firestone needs to be considerate of the consumer's time.

Sincerely,

Veronica Rimel

Bethel Park, PA 15102

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Reasonably nice upfront personnel.

I didn't like: Poor service.

Comments

BSRO Social

Hello Veronica, We understand how this would be upsetting. Your time is very important to us and we would like to have the opportunity to look into this time issue on your behalf.

If you would like to discuss this with us, please, feel free to email us at, socialcare@bfrc.com, with full details, your contact information, and your invoice number. Thank you for choosing Firestone, we look forward to assisting you.^Kristyn