6042 Mid Rivers Mall Dr, St Peters, MO 63304, USA

Customer reviews on other sites:

1.5 out of 5 from Consumeraffairs.com

1.5 out of 5 from Pissedconsumer.com

2.5 out of 5 from glassdoor.com

1 out of 5 from complaintsboard.com

1 out of 5 from Better Business Bureau (BBB)My complaint (below)

Time line:

08/26:

•Left Jeep Patriot in the am. Was informed later in the day they could not get in that day. Left it overnight.

08/27:

•Got call at the end of the day. Tech stated alignment could not be done due to ball joints. They needed another tech to look at. I did not do an inspection myself but took Tech at his word

09/01:

•Car dropped off. Tech confirmed ball joints needed to be replaced before alignment. Quote for parts and labor 292.58. Decided to do myself. Right and Left control arms/Ball Joints parts 110.00. While installing, realized ball joints were in fact good. Did not think much of it.

11/12

•Went online to scheduled appointment for 2 new ties and alignment. Appointment was for 8am. I ended up dropping it off at 5am and used a different vehicle. Secretary called at 1pm to verify progress. She was informed it hasn’t been worked on due to the key not being in the correct location in the drop box? (I was informed in my later call that this was my fault?) She was informed the records from the previous visit noted the ball joints and tie rod ends needed to be fixed before the alignment could be performed but that the tires would be put on before the end of the day.

I decided to call myself so I could better understand the situation. Tech informed me the Tie Rods needed to be replaced. I told him it was recommended, but was not the reason they rejected service on the alignment (verified via invoices). Tech then informed me I needed different tires due to size mismatch. Despite the price difference, bad weather was coming and I needed tires and alignment so I agreed to the tires.

11/13/18

•Our first major snowfall occurred the previous day. Drove slow on the highway into work due to possible ice on the roads. Jeep was still all over the place. I figured it was due to road conditions. Left the office at 4ish. While on highway 64 the Jeep was again all over the place and I almost hit another driver. The roads were in excellent condition at this point and no reduction in highway speed was needed. I pulled over to do a visual inspection of my Jeep. Nothing looked out of place or any tire issues.

I called Firestone and was informed the alignment was not done. I asked why, and why I was not informed. The only reason I bought the more expensive tires was due to needing them for the alignment. I was informed it was again the tie rods. In a calm but stern voice, I informed the Tech of my dissatisfaction with my service. I also brought up the ball joint which Firestone wanted to charge me 292.58 were not bad and could have easily went another 10k miles. The response from the tech was, “oh.” The Tech put me on hold. When he came back he informed me the issue with the Tie Rods was actually a loose nut on the ball stud (driver side). I asked why it was not tightened (takes 2 seconds to do). The Tech told me they were not authorized to do so?

Being disturbed that Firestone wanted to charge me for both Ball Joints and Tie Rod ends that in fact were not bad (parts and labor = 615.76), I asked for the corporate number so I could file a complaint. The Tech told me he did not know. He said it’s on the back of my invoices.

I called the Corporate Office and talked to Megan, case# 2336682. She was very nice and helpful, if I get a survey she will get high marks. I told her what had happened which after our conversation she summarized. I was told this would be sent right up the district manager.

I jacked up the Jeep in my garage and tightened the bolt. It was only 2 thread marks from the other one.

Went online to schedule appointment. Confirmation was received and my Jeep will be dropped off in the morning.

11/14/18

•The Jeep was worked on in the A.M. They were called by my girlfriend to let them know to put the keys in the Jeep since I would not be there before close.

The invoice said the alignment was done, but was off a bit due to a shifted Sub Frame. Also it stated the right inner Tie Rod is slightly bent. I have not jacked up the Jeep to verify. It is a very uneasy feeling when every time they touch the vehicle, something else needs to be done.

11/15/18

•I called the corporate number back to follow up about my complaint (#2336682). I talked to I believe Casey, she was nice. She told me I should have received a call. She said she would escalate it, but it will be another 24 to 48 hours for a response. I told her I typed up the incident and would like to send it in for review for the call. She informed me she did not have that information. I told her it wasn’t a big deal; I can send it in once I talk to someone.

I called the Jeep dealership to set up an appointment to look over Jeep. After my experience, I have a strange feeling someone might have done something to retaliate. Talked to David. I told him the experience I had with Firestone. He responds, “that’s Firestone for you.” That statement makes me think this is not uncommon. I will drop it off Friday 11/30/18.

11/18/18

Another 48 hours has passed. I am now filling the complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Course of action:

1.Corporate call 11/13/18- No call back as stated.

2.Corporate call 11/15/18- No call back as stated.

3.File complaint with BBB-In process.

4.File complaint with Missouri Attorney General- N/A as of right now.

Product or Service Mentioned: Firestone Complete Auto Care Wheel Alignment.

Reason of review: To much to list.

Firestone Complete Auto Care Pros: There look on their face when i called them out.

Firestone Complete Auto Care Cons: Everything else.

• Faulty Repair
  • Refund
  • Firestone Ripoff
  • Unethical Charge

Comments

Hack's nothing more

BSRO Social

Hello, We definitely understand your dissatisfaction with the services you have received and the mismanagement of your complaint file. We want to ensure this is addressed and would appreciate it if you could email us at, socialcare@bfrc.com, with the details you have provided here, your contact information, and your reference number to your file. Thank you for choosing Firestone, we value your business.^Kristyn

ExperiencedArcticHare
@BSRO Social

You obviously did not read the full thing, but I will email you at socialcare@bfrc.com. I got my Jeep back from the professionals at Axleboy and have very disturbing news.

The fraud continues. Not only is the subframe not shifted as you said, but the tie rod is not bent as well. Your alignment machine is off.

I have added this on to my BBB complaint. I will add it to all the other review sites as well.

ActuallyRedWolf
@ExperiencedArcticHare

Did you ever get your refund? I've been trying to get a refund from Firestone since January.

My college son spent over $750 to have an alternator and battery replaced at a Firestone on September 28th, 2018. Less than 4 months later (Jan 17, 2019) the alternator had to be replaced again. The alternator installed by Firestone was defective. My son broke down in another town and had to get it replaced right away to get back on the road.

Firestone won't make good on the bad alternator because he didn't come back for them to replace it. After store manager said there was nothing he could do, I was put in contact with Area Manager. He said there was nothing they could do since they wouldn't be able to return the bad alternator to their supplier. But, I have the bad alternator to give them so they can return it to their supplier..."oh, well there is still nothing we can do".

I then asked the area manager to provide me with the contact information of a higher level individual at Firestone so that I could escalate the issue and get a resolution. Well, as of March 26, 2019 I have yet to be contacted by a regional or divisional manager. The area manager simply says "it won't do any good to contact others because it will always come back to me". When I contacted Firestone customer service asking for higher level individuals with more authority, they respond by saying "regional mgr will contact you", then "divisional manager will contact you".

Of course, none of them ever do. Your customer service department simply sends me an email saying "sorry, that's not typical, please wait 72 hours and someone will contact you". My son needs to be reimbursed the $438 dollars he had to spend to fix the bad work that Firestone did. Since Firestone won't do the right thing, I filed a complaint with the BBB and the Firestone response to the complaint was an offer for a free oil change coupon.

Why does the Firestone customer service keep telling me they have escalated my issue and I will be contacted by a "regional manager" or a "divisional manager"? No one ever contacts me. I am very disappointed in the response from Firestone and the fact that they won't make good on a bad repair work. Since I was unable to get any response from a management level individual from Firestone I decide to try and reach out through the Firestone Facebook page, they seem to respond to comments but I've come to realize those responses are simply "bots" and not real people.

I see too many others on that page that have experienced the same thing I have, they get promised a contact from Firestone but know one ever actually contacts them to resolve their issue. The really sad part is that now Firestone has deleted all my posts and blocked me from posting additional comments on their Facebook page. All of this to try and get Firestone to do the right thing. It's sad.

Once a great company that was trusted for auto repair now rips off college students. It is obvious that Firestone will not stand behind its work. I guess they win. I hope they are happy you were able to rip off $438 from a customer.

Hopefully, I will be able to educate enough other people on the Firestone business practices so others are not taken.

Luckily, there are enough other auto service options. "Satisfied Customers Tell Three Friends, Angry Customers Tell 3000".

@BSRO Social