Scottsdale, Arizona

April 5 2016 I took my car into the Scottsdale Camelback shop due to terrible shaking on the front end when applying the brakes. I asked them to take a courtesy look at it, which they did. After sitting for 2 hours I was handed an estimate for $1,226.24!!! Wow was all I could say. I went home and looked over the recommended services and started making some calls for cost of parts and labor. The brake fluid exchange and alignment i wasn't worried about. The cost for parts not including labor were almost triple the cost. I understand that labor is based on a book/time...

I started calling around to other shops to see what their thoughts and estimates were. They all had something in common, only the right rear control arm bushing needed to be replaced and the front rotors were warped add needed to be turned. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the estimate from Firestone again...nothing said about my brakes and list of things I didn't need. I feel that if a woman goes in to this store, that they will tell her anything and because most women don't know much about vehicles, you take them for a cleaning on things they don't need.

My final thought is this I hope that this can be corrected for you future customers. As for me I will no longer be taking my vehicle back for any reason!! It might cost $50 to air up a tire...

1.3
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss You want to give estimates on things that do not need to be changed and not fix things that do, besides overcharging women~ / Not specified
Preferred solution Offer a 2nd opinion before you let unsuspecting women get roped into something they don't need or are being overcharged with!!!

Had an Experience with Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Comments

BSRO Social

Hello, thank you for making us aware of your concerns.We'd like to ensure that this is addressed.

Please email us at socialcare@bfrc.com so that we can further assist.

Be sure to include details of the visit, the store location, any related invoice numbers and the best contact number for you.We appreciate your business and value your feedback.