Firestone Complete Auto Care - Just because I am a woman doesn't mean I am mechanically inclined
April 5 2016 I took my car into the Scottsdale Camelback shop due to terrible shaking on the front end when applying the brakes. I asked them to take a courtesy look at it, which they did. After sitting for 2 hours I was handed an estimate for $1,226.24!!! Wow was all I could say. I went home and looked over the recommended services and started making some calls for cost of parts and labor. The brake fluid exchange and alignment i wasn't worried about. The cost for parts not including labor were almost triple the cost. I understand that labor is based on a book/time...
I started calling around to other shops to see what their thoughts and estimates were. They all had something in common, only the right rear control arm bushing needed to be replaced and the front rotors were warped add needed to be turned. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the estimate from Firestone again...nothing said about my brakes and list of things I didn't need. I feel that if a woman goes in to this store, that they will tell her anything and because most women don't know much about vehicles, you take them for a cleaning on things they don't need.
My final thought is this I hope that this can be corrected for you future customers. As for me I will no longer be taking my vehicle back for any reason!! It might cost $50 to air up a tire...
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- You want to give estimates on things that do not need to be changed and not fix things that do, besides overcharging women~
- Preferred solution:
- Offer a 2nd opinion before you let unsuspecting women get roped into something they don't need or are being overcharged with!!!
- Product or service
- Firestone Complete Auto Care Car Part Replacement Estimate
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I Took My 1995 Honda Civic Painted at Maaco at 2617 Lathrop Ave Racine W 53405. The Original Paint Job Was Purple Factory Color... I told them I want civic..."
- "Had oil changed from firestone. Oil filter came off driving down the road. Reported it to them. They said it's impossible for oil filter to come off. I have..."
- "Upon my retirement I Bought a 2006 Lexus GX 470 loaded New, thinking that such a so called Luxury Vehicle would last my wife after my demise, I did this..."
- "I purchased almost 4k in patio lounge furniture and dinning set. With in 6 months the fabric started to fade REALLY bad. I was told to purchase the sunbrella covers..."
- "I saw an ad on television for a FREE SAMPLE. I went to the EXACT site they illustrated. I ordered a sample. I was sent a sample. I didn't order..."
- "This company makes "knock-offs" of designer gowns, but much cheaper and poor quality. I ordered a strapless gown with a bolero jacket to wear to my son's wedding. I ordered exactly..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."
- "My product was crushed and busted and does not work i would like another one please..."
- "I have been paying for 10 years and now they stopped taking my payments all of a sudden,,,, no one knows why, they brought my fico from 748 down to..."