Firestone Complete Auto Care - Just because I am a woman doesn't mean I am mechanically inclined
April 5 2016 I took my car into the Scottsdale Camelback shop due to terrible shaking on the front end when applying the brakes. I asked them to take a courtesy look at it, which they did. After sitting for 2 hours I was handed an estimate for $1,226.24!!! Wow was all I could say. I went home and looked over the recommended services and started making some calls for cost of parts and labor. The brake fluid exchange and alignment i wasn't worried about. The cost for parts not including labor were almost triple the cost. I understand that labor is based on a book/time...
I started calling around to other shops to see what their thoughts and estimates were. They all had something in common, only the right rear control arm bushing needed to be replaced and the front rotors were warped add needed to be turned. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the estimate from Firestone again...nothing said about my brakes and list of things I didn't need. I feel that if a woman goes in to this store, that they will tell her anything and because most women don't know much about vehicles, you take them for a cleaning on things they don't need.
My final thought is this I hope that this can be corrected for you future customers. As for me I will no longer be taking my vehicle back for any reason!! It might cost $50 to air up a tire...
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- You want to give estimates on things that do not need to be changed and not fix things that do, besides overcharging women~
- Preferred solution:
- Offer a 2nd opinion before you let unsuspecting women get roped into something they don't need or are being overcharged with!!!
- Product or service
- Firestone Complete Auto Care Car Part Replacement Estimate
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I took my car to Midas on Saturday for an oil change and was told my trans coolant line had a leak and Philip asked me if I wanted them..."
- "We took a 2001 Ford Taurus to the Firestone Complete Care here in Fort Collins, CO because the heat wasn't working and also for a routine oil change. They end..."
- "My father went in one day to get his truck's tires aligned and the truck was dropped. Not only were there external damages, but also internal. They had promised him..."
- "I saw an ad on television for a FREE SAMPLE. I went to the EXACT site they illustrated. I ordered a sample. I was sent a sample. I didn't order..."
- "I ordered two $700 benches. After a couple of weeks of owning one of the legs showed a large crack/split. I called the store and was directed to the warranty..."
- "In Feb 2014, we purchased a sectional from Living Spaces. We like the sectional, but a one of the pieces (sections) came damaged- actually the section that came damaged..."
- "NuWave generally sells their ovens with the clear dome that, with regular use, cracks and or self-destructs within 6 months to a year. The cost to replace the dome..."
- "they added V.O.D. and extra 50 on internet and more for same phone plus the installation charges. The best way to get this fixed is call the FCC and write..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."