1.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I would like to bring your attention to an unsatisfactory experience I had at your Firestone Complete Auto Care located at 1W Hallandale Beach Blvd., Hallandale Beach FL 33009 auto repair shop on Friday, November 23. I have been a loyal customer, I brought my Fleet Company vehicle for regular oil changes and tire rotation and balances, my wife’s Fiat 500 for tire services and this time I brought my Mercedes S430 for tire rotation, balancing and oil changes for the cost of $357.00 (customer invoice 198197). That very same day, I purchased the lifetime tire rotation with balance offered on discount for my Mercedes. So I trusted this facility.

I picked up the car by 6:50 pm (shop closed one hour later that day) and took it to the drive through car wash. After I left the facility, I started getting massages on the screen and the lights did not shut off when I turned the car off. I had to manually turn the bulb off so that I could have power the next day and took it to the shop.

When I drove to the shop I heard that something was hanging loose at the bottom of my car and was touching the road. I showed Clarence, store manager, that the engine splash cover at the bottom of the car was hanging loose and got damaged for been scratched on the road. Perhaps some water from the car wash went into the system causing the electronic failures given the fact that the engine splash front cover was never installed and the rear cover was left loose by the technicians at the shop during the oil change leaving the engine unprotected without my knowledge.

When the car was lifted, the shop mechanic realized that the front part of the engine splash cover was never installed and was left at the shop. It was about 1:00 pm when I brought the car into the shop. The mechanics and management personal could have had the courtesy of calling me, the customer and let me know that something went wrong during the repair leaving me to find out the hard way. What if I had taken the highway that very same night I took the car from the shop and the part had come out and created an accident?

Clarence promised me that they would purchase and replace the engine splash cover and that they would perform a” courtesy check” on the engine to assess the electronic damages on Monday November 26. I took the car back to the shop. The car was left through the entire day and the only call I received from Clarence, the shop manager, was if anyone had messed up with the light bulbs. I went to the shop and by the end of the day, with me present there by the time of closing, they finally performed a computer test finding all kinds of electronic failures on the system trying to blame the light bulbs I had to turn off manually for the electric failures found.

No one has ever called me again to arrange the replacement of the part Firestone Autocare located at 1 W Hallandale Beach Blvd., Hallandale Beach FL 33009 (954) 458 0288 damaged out of neglect.

I have been punished with negligence and lack of respect for been a trusting and good customer to that facility.

Sincerely,

Enrique Gonzalez

Product or Service Mentioned: Firestone Complete Auto Care Oil Change.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Good tires, New tires.

I didn't like: Lying when they are responsible, Bad customer service, Hated the experience.

Comments

BSRO Social

Enrique, thank you for bringing your service concerns to our attention. We take matters like this seriously and we apologize for any frustration caused by this experience.

Please email us at socialcare@bfrc.com with these details and your contact information for further assistance.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Firestone. ^Jennifer