Firestone Complete Auto Care - Firestone Belts

On April 3rd 2015, I had all three of my belts replaced on my 1996 Izusu Rodeo hoping to get rid of the morning squeal I had when starting up. That did not fix the problem.

Went back on April 24th and had the alternator and another new alternator belt replaced. The first belt cost me $31.50. The second alternator belt cost $10.50 in the same month! That sounds funny to me. After paying for all this work, I still had a squeal! Went back and they stated they had tightened it all they were going to because it would tear up the alternator.

Just last week, I went to my dependable mechanic and asked them to take a look. He said right off the bat, these are the wrong belts! They were too big and they could not be tightened any more because they were too big! I have spent a considerable amount of money here and I am not happy. I know it was over a year ago, but wrong is wrong and I'm still wondering why they charged me for two alternator belts in the same month! I have the receipts if you need copies.

The invoice #'s are 144417 and 145025.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #912607

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Firestone Complete Auto Care? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
BSRO Social

Sep 04 #1207871

Hello, we understand your frustration with this and we'd like to look into it for you. Please email us at with these details. We appreciate your business and value your feedback.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.