Bellevue, Washington
100% full Not resolved

Visited for Oil change first time Firestone Complete Auto Care - Due to more Cars in service, ask me to drop my car (Hyundai Elantra) and going to take couple of hours to service my Car. I received call after couple of hours and told me shocked news, need to change my Oil Pan. This is due to previous technician used oversized drain plug has been used, and the pan threads are stripped. Drain plug will not retighten in the motor and threads are damaged beyond repair. Could not determine this prior to servicing. Looks like they did something wrong, something mess up and forced to try different make car drain plug and screwed up my oil pan. And trying to make by previous technician mistake. I know more about my previous technician and having their service from couple of years. Firestone near to my place and thought to change my service but come to know their services are *** for first visit itself.

My plan was to change the Oil for approx. $30 they made me finally to pay $598. After my couple of requests not ready to reduce the bill not even labor charges. Also come to know one more surprise, charged me for Oil Pan part cost $408 but seems to be Hyundai parts price showing around $200. They are trying to make commission even the parts also. There is nothing genuine even their service and prices. This is my first time visit experience and never will do business with them. I will make sure that my friends and community know about this and will try to save others not suffer with Firestone Auto services. This is happened at Firestone Complete Auto Care, 140th Ave, Bellevue, WA.

Review about: Firestone Complete Auto Care Oil Change.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Poor service and excessive charge.

Had an Experience with Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Comments

BSRO Social
Bloomingdale, Illinois, United States #909602

Hello,

My name is Tom and I am from the Firestone Complete Auto Care Corporate Offices.I have read through your experience and would like to apologize for this unfortunate circumstance.

When investigating stripped drain plug or oil pan issues most technicians will confirm that the damage is caused when the drain plug is installed incorrectly or crossthreaded, not when it is removed. Therefore, the issue is would not to be addressed by the location that performed your previous oil change. We can also get our damage claims department involved if their is any speculation on when the damage occurred. However, it would appear the repairs have already been made.

I would still be happy to get your concerns to management in your area for further investigation.Please message me at social@bfrc.com with your review posted here and the invoice number from service at your earliest convenience.