On Dec 7, 2010, I had my tires rotated and oil changed at the Firestone Service Center in Lawton, OK. After the work was completed, I got in my 2004 Ford Econoline 250 and drove off. After traveling about four blocks, I looked at the windshield to see the service sticker as to when my next oil change was due. To my surprise, there was no service sticker on the windshield. I went back to the Firestone Service Center and told the manager that I needed a service sticker. The manager installed a sticker on my windshield and I went on my way.
Ten days (Dec. 17, 2010) and 400 miles later, I heard what I thought was a hissing noise coming from the engine compartment. I opened the hood and I saw that the oil filler cap was laying on top of the radiator. The oil cap was dusty and so was the orifice of the oil filler tube indicating to me that some dirt had gotten into the engine. I immediately placed the cap on filler tube and called the service manager of the Firestone Service Center and informed about the cap being left off. He advised me to bring the vehicle back to shop for an oil change and a courtesy check.
I took my vehicle back to the shop on Dec 21, 2010. I informed the service advisor about oil dripping from the engine and leaving a stain on my driveway. The service advisor (Robert)said they would change the oil and clean the engine of excessive oil. They did not clean the engine or change the oil as promised, and only added oil as indicated on the service ticket.
By the way, my vehicle was serviced by the same technician who left the cap off in the first place. To make matters worse, the same technician left the oil filler cap off a second time as I checked my vehicle before leaving. I also told the service manager about this incident and he just looked dumbfounded and said he would probably have to fire the maintenance technician.
I'm not at all satisfied with their services and would not recommend them to anyone else because they did not change my oil or clean my engine as promised.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2004 Ford Econoline 250
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "I hired another contractor to fix my tenant's air conditioner out in Azusa, California and when he fixed it, he did Not Fix It Properly and caused additional damage in..."
- "Upon my retirement I Bought a 2006 Lexus GX 470 loaded New, thinking that such a so called Luxury Vehicle would last my wife after my demise, I did this..."
- "Had a pick-up truck's windshield repaired by them only to find out they use an answering service for calls, no manager/supervisor, no complaint department, and their techs SUCK!!! They left goo..."
- "I was having a/c problems, I called SHW for a tech. to come out, got a service number. AC company #1 came out and said my 24 year old a/c..."
- "Horrible! When u have a emergency issue, they say "call your property manager" u call them and they DONT ANSWER...umm how is this right? I still get no answer and..."
- "Dont get your oil changed at Walmart @ 100 East I-240 Service Road in Oklahoma city store# 743. Me and my daughter stopped in there 9-7-2016 @ 7:30 PM for..."
- "HELLO IM MARGIE FINNELL I WORK AS A COUNTY AID FOR THE AREA ON AGING AT DHS BUT ON MY FREE TIME I CAN DRIVE MY ENEMY CRAZY AND DO..."
- "My hubby & I purchased some rather pricey solid Hickory wood for our 2nd floor hallway in November 2015. BAD experience from day 1!! LL offered to install it for..."
- "4 times I go in cause they can't balance my tires, then it's a bent rim, then it's the tires and those are sent away for eval. Never called..."