52 views
Verified Reviewer

2.2

My mom was asked to go down to Florida last week to help care for a sick sibling. She opted to drive due to covid, so I took a look at her car (2013 Nissan Versa, 31k miles) and immediately saw that she needed new tires, so I helped her book an appointment for Thursday of last week (2/18).

So she has the tires installed and an alignment done. When she picks up the car, she's told that she does need to replace a tie rod end. Also, that one of the techs accidentally broke the latch that opens the fuel door. (Located on floor between driver's door and seat) The tech, Anthony, told her he ordered a replacement and was very apologetic.

When she called me asking what she should do, I told her to just be happy that they owned up to it and are going to fix it.

She goes in on Monday of week, gets the latch replaced and asks how soon she can get the tie rod done as she wants to leave Wednesday morning. They book her for Tuesday at 5pm.

I drove over in my car so she wouldn't have to wait around while it gets done; we dropped the vehicle off around 4:30 and went off to run some errands. Come back around 6:30 and her car hasn't moved, so we just opt to sit in the lot in my jeep...about 6:45 someone comes out and finally pulls the car into a service bay. 15 minutes later, she gets a call from them telling her that they were sent the wrong part and the car won't be ready until 'tomorrow afternoon at best'. Now she's full out panicking because she was supposed to drive out, so I told her to just tell them to put the old part back on and I'll fix the damn thing myself in the morning. The tech put up a good deal of resistance, but eventually told her she can come get the car in 10 minutes...

About 10 minutes passes and she decides to go inside to speak to someone. While she's inside, her car got pulled outside. I remember seeing the tech back it in to a dark edge of the lot, which was completely empty, but I didn't think much of it. She comes out, gets handed her keys and tells me to go home and that she'll see me in the morning.

As I'm driving home, perhaps 10 minutes later, she calls me saying she stopped to get gas and that her rear light is shattered and the panel dented. She tried going back to the shop, but they're closed.

She reached out to them yesterday and was told by someone that he'll "talk to the guys", whatever the *** that means. No one reached out to her since.

Look, I get that she can't prove that it happened there, and I have very low expectations for you guys taking any action whatsoever. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll likely be paying for and fixing the tail light and body myself. But the fact is, I'm convinced one of your employees damaged her vehicle and then proceeded to park the car in a manner where she had little chance of noticing it. I'm assuming you guys have cameras in your shops, and if so, I ask that you review what happened and hold the appropriate person accountable. I cannot imagine that you'd want someone like that representing your company; it really doesn't reflect well... I've attached a picture of the damage. I just wrapped up 10 years of military service as an Army Ranger, and I've seen a lot...but I must say, it absolutely broke my heart watching my mother get so upset over this...she's an older woman and quite helpless in situations such as this. It's infuriating and unacceptable.

User's recommendation: Check your car before you leave the shop!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: Northgate Shopping Center, Revere, MA 02151

Comments

#1987937

Hello Tomas, we are sorry to hear of this issue after service at our Revere store. We would like to investigate your concerns, please, send us an email to, socialcare@***.com.

We will need full details, your contact information, and invoice number.

Thank you for choosing Firestone, we value your business. ^Kristyn