Lake Grove, New York

My Toyota Camry check engine light was on and I found out on May 24 through another autoshop it was P0456 small emission leakage. On May 28, I went to the Firestone at Lake Grove, NY to find out where is the leakage (Store location: 139 Alexander Ave, NY 11755). The service guy told me they would do a diagnostic with a smoke test to identify where was the leakage. After 2 hours, they asked me to pay for the service ($108.61) first before they told me what that problem was and that they could not fix it. After I paid, I was told they identified it as P0456 small emission leakage and cannot fix it. They refused to do a smoke test as promised because they said it is not point doing it.

I paid $108.61 for nothing!!! Just for an error code that I already know before I came in. I argued with him, he refused to refund me!!!!

I am very frustrated with the service, I want the money back!!! They charge me $108.61 just to do a code reading, but did not do a smoke test as promised in the first place!!!!! They classified the problem, based on the code, as a calibration issue that can only be fixed by dealer but without any further smoke test to identify if there is a leak, I don't feel confident in the diagnosis.

Product or Service Mentioned: Firestone Complete Auto Care Car Diagnostics.

• Check Engine

Comments

Consumer A

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand your frustration with your recent service experience.

We would like to investigate this further for you. If you could please email us at SocialCare@bfrc.com with further details, your invoice number, the store's address, and the best number you can be reached at it would be greatly appreciated.

We value your feedback and business as a Firestone customer. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Firestone Complete Auto Care Reviews