Firestone Complete Auto Care - Charged for service not rendered
I took my car to the Firestone on 99th Ave and Lower Buckeye in Tolleson, AZ.They told me that my fuel pump needed to be changed.
(My car had been having a problem with the pump for a few months.) Also the fuel filter needed to be replaced, which I understand. When they gave me the work order before they started working on my vehicle the total came to $830! It seemed a little excessive but I didn't want to tow my car somewhere else so I guess I'll over pay. They finished working on my car, I took my car home everything was great.
Two weeks later my car broke down in San Diego. I took it to a Firestone there and the mechanic told me that they NEVER changed the fuel filter! Which I was charged for! I can get over overpaying for a service which I can't do myself but I can't get over being charged for a service that they didn't do.
And to top it off the same weekend I took my Buick they checked my Volvo and changed the oil. They told me I needed to get the brakes changed and it would cost $600!! Umm no.. They also said that my transfer case was broke and was leaking oil everywhere.
There's no oil anywhere in my garage. My boyfriend got back from his deployment and took the Volvo to base to have them check it again. Mechanic there said yes the brakes would need to be changed but it wouldn't be $600, and there was nothing wrong with the transfer case. I'm disgusted by the work that Firestone is doing.
I will never go back again and would not recommend this business to anyone.My vacation was ruined and I feel cheated and taken advantage of.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Fuel Filter
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "On a routine service visit Firestone technician put water in my brake fluid reservoir. Within weeks my entire brake system was destroyed, the tubes, lines, master cylinder, whole shabang. They..."
- "No. Smithfield, RI store confirmed appointment for rear drum brakes replacement and promised work to be done in 1 hour. Work was completed in 3 hours...excessive wait time complaint. Mgr..."
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "I am entering my 8th month on the project and still do not have a completed bathroom. There have been continual mistakes along the way- faucets plumbed wrong, electrical outlet..."