69 views

I am writing this on behalf of my mother who is elderly and doesn't have a computer. I want to get the word out that Firestone admitted they "did something wrong" but are not willing to do anything to make it right or fix my mothers car.

She drove into Firestone 4060 Bee Ridge Rd, Sarasota, FL 34233 on 02/01/20 with a 2004 Kia Optima "running a little rough". She was told it would cost about $200, She was waiting for the car and ;was told they needed more time. They took her home. They continued to put her off and 3 to 4 days later Firestone called her and told her the engine had blown and it was not drive-able.

She had to go out and buy another used car. After 4 months of poor customer service, delays, no empathy whatsoever Firestone has refused to give her any type of reimbursement nor fix the car. How do you go into a repair shop with a car that is running rough, has only 61K miles and then the engine is blown? Firestone made it HER problem.

BUYER BEWARE. Firestone is not honest.

Product or Service Mentioned: Firestone Complete Auto Care Repair.

Preferred solution: To get the word out that Firestone is not a good company to deal with.

Location: 4060 Bee Ridge Rd, Bee Ridge, FL 34233

Comments

Hello, we are sorry to hear of this issue after your mother's service at our Sarasota store. We would like to investigate your concerns, please, send us an email to, socialcare@bfrc.com.

We will need full details, your contact information, and her invoice number.

Thank you for choosing Firestone, we value your business. ^Kristyn

@Bridgestone

Kristyn, I have gone all the way to the top (your CEO) & it was assigned to Diamond Milan. Twice, he asked for a few business days to review my information & twice I had to email him after 10 business days to get an answer.

That is not good customer service. After sending him information from insurance and repeatably asking him to review the Firestone "recorded tapes" in which the store admits "they did something wrong" his answer was: After review, our decision does remain the same. We are not in the position to provide assistance towards the repairs for the vehicle. This decision was based off the documents you provided, the invoice from Firestone Complete Auto Care, and the inspection report from Vanguard.

At this point I am not asking for anything from Firestone. BUT, I have a voice!

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." --Warren Buffett

Firestone Complete Auto Care Reviews