Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Update by user Mar 29, 2017

Update: I used partsgeek.com and stylintrucks.com to order the parts Firestone recommended.I paid $407.82 for all five parts and that includes shipping.

I bought fuel injector cleaner from the gas station for a few bucks. I paid a mechanic that a friend recommended $200 to put it all on my car and my car runs like a dream again. I saved myself $1,200!!! God is good and I'm glad this happened.

I learned a valuable lesson and I have more economical resources for my car.Thank you, Firestone!!

Update by user Jan 24, 2017

A rep from Firestone called and wasted my time.Apparently, those are the correct prices that Firestone charges.

My advice is to look elsewhere for your parts because their parts can be marked up over 100% and the labor charges are ridiculous. And since it is company policy that they won't put on parts you bought elsewhere, its safe to say I won't be going back.

As to the theft, since I didn't actually see them steal my tools, there is nothing they can do. He did offer to pay for my replacement tools if I brought in my receipt, but the $60 is not the point!!

I'm just pissed off all over again!Lesson learned.

Original review posted by user Jan 19, 2017

I was in this Firestone located at 10515 N.MoPac Expressway, Suite P, Austin, Texas 78759 on December 17, 2016, with a flat tire and I wanted a tune up and and an inspection.

Unfortunately my check engine light was on. I never got my tune up and instead of one tire, I ended up having to buy three (to pass inspection, which I never got). Instead, I got a quote for $1,866.15 for work that needs to be done before I can pass inspection - CSS 1547 Camshaft Sensor = $131.99; EGR1578 EGR Valve = $155.99; another $112.50 to remove and replace the EGR Valve; another $62.50 to "angle/position sensor." That all totals $462.98. Let them tell it, I also need a 16422 Manifold Converter.

I didn't know what that was but I do now, and I found it priced at between $294.42 and $363.56. Then someone tell me why they listed it for $576.99! Plus another $112.50 to remove and replace the old one. And apparently I need two different oxygen sensors - 234-4652 ($174.99) and 234-4738 ($133.99).

Of course that will be another $112.50 to "remove and replace" one and $75.00 to remove and replace the other. Now all that totals $1,185.97. I don't know a *** thing about cars, but I do know my way around Google! I have included the part numbers so you can look them up too and you'll find what I found - most of these items are marked up over 100% and I'm being generous!

But what triggered this research today was I needed my needle nose plyers this morning, which I keep in its tool case in the trunk of my car and my tool case, plus a smaller ratchet tool case is gone. They were in there piled on top of my flat tire when I left my car with Firestone on December 17th and now they're gone. I didn't move them. You do the math.

I called this morning when I discovered them missing and the manager said he'd check with his guys and get back to me. Of course, I never heard from him.

The moral to this story is Google everything on your quotes/bills right there and don't leave anything in your car there that you don't want stolen.I'm a pissed off victim who will paint the entire Internet with this story until I feel I have been made whole again.

Review about: Firestone Complete Auto Care Car Repair.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Very unsatisfactory.

I didn't like: Excessive charge for part, Dishonest practices, Long wait, Theft.

Comments

GinaPegues
Austin, Texas, United States #1308972

BSRO Social

Hello, thank you for sharing this.We strive to deliver excellent service to every customer.

We'd like to get management involved to address any concerns that you may have about the service that you received. Please feel welcome to email us at socialcare@bfrc.com.

Be sure to include the details of your experience and the best contact information for you.We value your business and look forward to receiving your email.