Firestone Complete Auto Care - Alternator Turned Into A Major Deal!
Fire Stone Complete Auto Care
4060 Bee Ridge Rd
Sarasota , FL 34233
Service Advisor #04 John
Work Oder 151988
My daughters car was acting funny so she went to Firestone as they are a well known and advertised corp. a mechanic confirmed that the alternator was bad. With his expertise she agreed for him to replace it. She waited for 4 hrs in the waiting room. Upon completion she paid and left. She drove approx 40 min to a relatives and while drive the dash warring lights were flickering and the radio was in and out. She then drove home another 40 mi with the same problems and the cruise control quit and parked the car. The following morning the car was dead. She called Firestone and they had it towed back to their garage. The car was there for 2 days, she did not receive one call to say the car was ready. She called as it had been two days to find out the status they told her the car was ready to be picked up. With that she went to pick the car up, and paid the invoice. Bill the Grade A Mechanic (according to the service/tire manager) told her it was the radio amp causing the problem. She then called me and I spoke to the gentleman who said he was the Tire Manager. after a lengthy discussion I agreed for them to unhook the radio amp that had been in the car for a minimum of 6-7 months and we agreed that if that did not fix it they would do what ever it took to repair the car. Bill had unhooked the amp while I was still on the phone. She then went to start the car and leave only to find the check engine light on. She turned the car off and the key was stuck in the ignition as the security went off in the car. She then went inside and told the service/tire manager and he asked BILL to go check it out and run a diagnostics on the car to find out what the codes were. Bill tried but couldn't figure out how to get the code at that time, so he asked if she could leave it for a couple more days so they could look at it and try to figure it out.
Two days later she returned to pickup the car as they called and said it was ready and said it was caused by the amp that had been in the car for 6-7 months!
While she was there Bill showed her how to connect and disconnect the amp stating that if she just disconnected it at night it would be fine. Bill then hooked the amp back up and she drove home and unhooked it.
The following day low and behold she went out in the am and the car was dead.
I called and spoke with the manager this time as he stated he was on vacation theist week and knew nothing about it. He told me they had no idea what was causing it and that she could go and get a refund for the alternator.
I told him that does not solve our problem. He said that was all they could do.
But this leaves us with a serious problem with her car!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "We took our 2012 Outback to Camping World in Katy TX to have an additional AC installed. Having just one AC didn't cut it. We dropped of our travel traler..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "My generator’s engine self destructed in less than one day’s operation on a light load.I took it to a B&S dealer for warrantee repair and after a cursory inspection was..."
- "Placed an order on March 24 for delivery of April 7th ... on April 8th I contacted them to see what happened to my order . she told me there was a..."
- "Placed orde 4/11/16 paid for it immediately was supposed to have express shipping order arrived weeks layer i ordered earrings they sent me a ring they refuse to correct..."
- "They were here Thursday night and I didn't think my carpet was clean because of a funky odor that lingered. Also the carpet was saturated when they left. Why would..."
- "I purchased a San Lucas sofa bed made by Ashley Furniture purchased thru Coleman's furniture online spent about $1200 including an extended warranty we have the same problem with the..."
- "After seeing that a Cheryl B. from my small hometown had viewed a quote sent for pet photography I was able to see her last name. Curious, I have been..."
- "...This company lied and said they attempted to deliver a package at 8:04 pm at night to a business..."