Staten Island, New York

Sarasota , FL 34233

941-371-5927

Service Advisor #04 John

Work Oder 151988

My daughters car was acting funny so she went to Firestone as they are a well known and advertised corp. a mechanic confirmed that the alternator was bad. With his expertise she agreed for him to replace it. She waited for 4 hrs in the waiting room. Upon completion she paid and left. She drove approx 40 min to a relatives and while drive the dash warring lights were flickering and the radio was in and out. She then drove home another 40 mi with the same problems and the cruise control quit and parked the car. The following morning the car was dead. She called Firestone and they had it towed back to their garage. The car was there for 2 days, she did not receive one call to say the car was ready. She called as it had been two days to find out the status they told her the car was ready to be picked up. With that she went to pick the car up, and paid the invoice. Bill the Grade A Mechanic (according to the service/tire manager) told her it was the radio amp causing the problem. She then called me and I spoke to the gentleman who said he was the Tire Manager. after a lengthy discussion I agreed for them to unhook the radio amp that had been in the car for a minimum of 6-7 months and we agreed that if that did not fix it they would do what ever it took to repair the car. Bill had unhooked the amp while I was still on the phone. She then went to start the car and leave only to find the check engine light on. She turned the car off and the key was stuck in the ignition as the security went off in the car. She then went inside and told the service/tire manager and he asked BILL to go check it out and run a diagnostics on the car to find out what the codes were. Bill tried but couldn't figure out how to get the code at that time, so he asked if she could leave it for a couple more days so they could look at it and try to figure it out.

Two days later she returned to pickup the car as they called and said it was ready and said it was caused by the amp that had been in the car for 6-7 months!

While she was there Bill showed her how to connect and disconnect the amp stating that if she just disconnected it at night it would be fine. Bill then hooked the amp back up and she drove home and unhooked it.

The following day low and behold she went out in the am and the car was dead.

I called and spoke with the manager this time as he stated he was on vacation theist week and knew nothing about it. He told me they had no idea what was causing it and that she could go and get a refund for the alternator.

I told him that does not solve our problem. He said that was all they could do.

But this leaves us with a serious problem with her car!

Review about: Firestone Complete Auto Care Repair.

Had an Experience with Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion