Firestone Complete Auto Care - Ac diagnostic.. and repair.. Ac was no better after they said it was fixed

44 of 448 Firestone Complete Auto Care reviews

Update added by user Jun 13

...The Manager Darnell has very strong people skills in communication, previously being a GM in the restaurant Industry for 20 years I appreciate that... The misunderstanding was due to miscommunication... Went back to Firestone this morning and very pleased with the way Darnell handled the situation....

Update added by user Jun 12

1st going to Firestone today...and not pleased with the results..

My Mini van was blowing cold air out the driver side 2 vents and warm air out the passenger side 3 front vents.

Firestone had a $9.99 Ac diagnostic special so I made an appointment for 12:30 today..I dropped the mini Van off at

Noon and they said it takes about 2 hours to properly diagnose the AC. The mechanic called me 25 mins later(not 2 hours later) and said he just needs to evacuate the system and add the proper amount of r134a. I mentioned to him on the phone if that would fix the warm air coming out the 3 front left side vents and that it's not because of a bad blend door or Actuator? He said the evac and proper refill amount of r134a should fix the warm air issue, he said it was slightly overcharged and with the proper amount of charge and evacuating the moisture out of the system the 3

front right vents will blow cold air.

So I said go ahead and fix it if that will fix the problem, otherwise I would of called around for a cheaper quote to evac the system(I already knew it was slightly overcharged when I checked it

with my pressure guage last week), At 3:30 pm I called to check on the Mini Van they said it's been done and ready to go(Thanks for calling me to let me know it's ready. I didn't say that but I thought it) They didn't say anything to me about finding any other issues with the AC as I paid my $169 bill, also the mechanic that worked on it saw me paying the bill through the window to the garage and didn't come into the lobby to tell me that it wasn't fixed and still blowing warm air out the 3 front right vents or anything written on my invoice bill except they had time to do a courtesy battery check and there was an extra $10 charge for a dye test which they didn't tell me when I asked for the cost of an AC diagnostic test(also why would they run a dye test to check for leaks if the system was over charged?). I went out and started up my Mini Van in their parking lot and let the AC run for 5 mins before I drove it home... After 5 mins It was still blowing warm air out the front 3 left side vents and the 2 front right driver side vents were cold but not any different than before I brought it in.

I went back in and told the person behind the counter the AC was not running any better.

The mechanic came out of the garage over to my Mini Van, I said it's not any better, its still blowing warm air He said That he needs to do more diagnostic on the system and that it maybe the blend door or actuator (Like I told him when he called me)and for me to bring the Mini Van and drop it off again for more diagnostic Monday morning,They were still open for 2 more hours why couldn't he do it then?) then he said he wouldn't charge me for another AC diagnostic.(I thought to myself he must really think I'm ***) I would of never had him continue with the evac and recharge if he would of said it wouldn't had fix the warm air problem, I would of waited till my friend who is a mechanic came back from vacation but since time is important to me and I need my Mini Van for work I told the Firestone mechanic to go ahead.I'm self employed and need my Vehicle for work and now I have to drop it off again on Monday for another AC diagnostic and more money....Sorry I'm just not pleased with Firestone at the moment

Original review posted by user Jun 11

1st going to Firestone today...and not pleased with the results..

Firestone had a $9.99 Ac diagnostic special so I made an appointment for 12:30 today..I dropped the mini Van off and had a friend drive me home because they said it takes about 2 hours to properly diagnose the AC system, Mechanic called me and said he just needs to evacuate the system and add the proper amount of r134a. I mentioned to him on the phone if that would fix the warm air coming out the 3 front left side vents and that it's not because of a bad blend door or Actuator? He said the evac and proper refill amount of r134a should fix the warm air issue. My Mini Van was done 3 1/2 hours later, They didn't say anything to me about finding any other issues with the AC as i paid my $169 bill.

I went out and started up my Mini Van in their parking lot and let the AC run for 5 mins... After 10 mins It was still blowing warm air out the front 3 left side vents and the 2 front right driver side vents were cold but not any different than before i brought it in. I went back in and told them and the mechanic said That he need to do more diagnostic on the system and that it maybe the blend door or actuator and for me to bring the Mini Van and drop it off again for more diagnostic. Why didn't they call me back after they did the evac and re charge and tell me the issue wasn't fixed?

II ended up calling them at 3:30 pm to check on my Mini Van and they said it's been done and ready to go(thanks for calling me )......

I'm self employed and need my Vehicle for work and now I have to drop it off again on Monday for another AC diagnostic and more money....Sorry I'm just not pleased with Firestone at the moment...NOTE: on my invoice photo that there are no other issues mentioned regarding the AC Diagnostic but they found time to test my car battery?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Said the ac issue was fixed and it was not
    • Dishonety

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #864086 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Firestone Complete Auto Care? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
44 of 448 Firestone Complete Auto Care reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
BSRO Social

Jun 12 #1172097

Hello, we'd like to ensure that this is addressed for you. Please email us at socialcare@bfrc.com so that we can further assist. We value your business and hope to hear from you soon.

0 0 Reply
Mplsmn

Jun 12 #1172108

I emailed that address yesterday afternoon regarding my disappointment

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Firestone Complete Auto Care. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Firestone Complete Auto Care.
Filing a new complaint about
×