Firestone Complete Auto Care - $2000 in repairs, car breaks down less than 100 miles later, now $3000 in repairs
I brought my car to Firestone for maintenance in preparation for a long trip. Firestone does the requested general maintenance and notes a few needed repairs. One of the repairs is the front right CV axle. I pay, and my car breaks down on the highway in a very dangerous section endangering myself and my girlfriend. This happened less than 100 miles after I left Firestone.
My car then gets towed to a local mechanic. The new auto repair shop owner states that my front right CV axle was improperly installed and now I need a new transmission on top of that. Estimated cost of repairs exceeds $3000. They advise me to contact Firestone to file a claim as they improperly installed the front right CV axle. The claim is filed at 9:30AM EDT 6/29/12. Firestone mentioned to me that it would take 24-48 hours for a claims inspector to come out to my vehicle. It is now 11:30AM EDT 7/6/12 and Firestone's Claims department is not even answering my calls.
I've asked the new auto repair shop to halt work so the claims inspector can see the damage they caused first hand. I don't know how much longer I can wait. The "long trip" I stated before was me moving from Florida to New Jersey and my car broke down during that move. I am inconveniencing friends of the family for a place to stay as I no longer have a residence in Florida. I also have a temporary arrangement at my place of work to allow me to work remotely as I'm now based out of the NJ office and have no way of getting up there (on top of leaving my car in Florida). This is not permanent and this whole situation may cost me my job or at the very least upset my manager.
Let this serve as a warning that if Firestone improperly installs something on your car, their claims process is horrible and the folks at their customer affairs department and claims department have no empathy or compassion for someone stuck a horrible situation; all I've asked for is for them to expedite my claim given my horrendous situation and they have done the complete opposite.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Cv Axle
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Had Hercules H-902 on a 5th wheel. Not overloaded, in fact, a very easy job for a tire that claims such a high working load. Then on a clean, dry..."
- "AVOID AT ALL COSTS OR IT WILL COST!!! Called Skinner Meineke about replacement of catalytic converter, was quoted $225 out the door. Got there and it was actually $640! They..."
- "I took a flat tire for repair to the Big O Tire franchise in Sedona, Arizona on Oct. 15, 2014. I was instructed to park my F-250 Ford truck at..."
- "Purchased electric reclining loveseat and recliner. First the covering starts to blister and then started peeling off in long strips. I spent over 1800.00 on the two pieces and they..."
- "I contacted Lexus of Orlando in Oct./Nov. and suggested to them that they should relocated the model in their TV ads to the passenger side of the vehicle being pitched...."
- "We were greeted by Chan the rep from carpet one at the flea market. His product of flooring was suppose to be the best ever. We asked if the it..."
- "I was expecting an overnight envelope but it was delayed for a week. Followed up with email and calls but was told due to Thanksgiving, volume is high and just..."
- "My TV was having issues connecting to the internet and also had a large white spot on it. I even sent in pictures and they agreed there was an issue...."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."