On Dec 7, 2010, I had my tires rotated and oil changed at the Firestone Service Center in Lawton, OK. After the work was completed, I got in my 2004 Ford Econoline 250 and drove off. After traveling about four blocks, I looked at the windshield to see the service sticker as to when my next oil change was due. To my surprise, there was no service sticker on the windshield. I went back to the Firestone Service Center and told the manager that I needed a service sticker. The manager installed a sticker on my windshield and I went on my way.
Ten days (Dec. 17, 2010) and 400 miles later, I heard what I thought was a hissing noise coming from the engine compartment. I opened the hood and I saw that the oil filler cap was laying on top of the radiator. The oil cap was dusty and so was the orifice of the oil filler tube indicating to me that some dirt had gotten into the engine. I immediately placed the cap on filler tube and called the service manager of the Firestone Service Center and informed about the cap being left off. He advised me to bring the vehicle back to shop for an oil change and a courtesy check.
I took my vehicle back to the shop on Dec 21, 2010. I informed the service advisor about oil dripping from the engine and leaving a stain on my driveway. The service advisor (Robert)said they would change the oil and clean the engine of excessive oil. They did not clean the engine or change the oil as promised, and only added oil as indicated on the service ticket.
By the way, my vehicle was serviced by the same technician who left the cap off in the first place. To make matters worse, the same technician left the oil filler cap off a second time as I checked my vehicle before leaving. I also told the service manager about this incident and he just looked dumbfounded and said he would probably have to fire the maintenance technician.
I'm not at all satisfied with their services and would not recommend them to anyone else because they did not change my oil or clean my engine as promised.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2004 Ford Econoline 250
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I went to dinner in the lower Greenville area of Dallas TX and went to a birthday party after. At 2:30 AM I discovered that I was towed from the..."
- "The Riverdale City Hall GA, is where I walk daily. Upon arriving there I attempted to park into a parking spot. My car jump (accelerated) forward, jumping the curve and..."
- "Watersports Unlimited, Princeton TX dba Trading Post> incompetent and I had an awful experience there. dba. www.watersportsunlimitedtx.com >> Marine service in PrincetonWhere do I begin?... How pissed do you..."
- "I'm very happy with whoever is at the shipping plant. I got my new shoes in about a week. The think that makes me the most happy is that someone..."
- "I ordered a simple Plantronics Explorer 50 from Newegg on December 22nd from one of their "marketplace sellers" and it has been nothing but a nightmare. It is now Jan..."
- "Bought Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Ebay for $423. The logo pop up to add the warranty but had to wait a few days to get the fund. Two days..."
- "Normally, I would never care about others comments and postings about any website. However, some postings and comments about “A Foreign Affair” or www.loveme.com I find to be personally insulting...."
- " Donec elit libero, sodales nec, volutpat a, suscipit non, turpis. Curabitur nisi. Vestibulum facilisis, purus nec pulvinar iaculis, ligula mi congue nunc, vitae euismod ligula urna in dolor. Donec..."
- "While Ben is apparently a charismatic guy (he conned a small business that can't afford to give work away for free into doing a large amount of work and then..."