Firestone Complete Auto Care - Did not reinstall oil filler cap
On Dec 7, 2010, I had my tires rotated and oil changed at the Firestone Service Center in Lawton, OK. After the work was completed, I got in my 2004 Ford Econoline 250 and drove off. After traveling about four blocks, I looked at the windshield to see the service sticker as to when my next oil change was due. To my surprise, there was no service sticker on the windshield. I went back to the Firestone Service Center and told the manager that I needed a service sticker. The manager installed a sticker on my windshield and I went on my way.
Ten days (Dec. 17, 2010) and 400 miles later, I heard what I thought was a hissing noise coming from the engine compartment. I opened the hood and I saw that the oil filler cap was laying on top of the radiator. The oil cap was dusty and so was the orifice of the oil filler tube indicating to me that some dirt had gotten into the engine. I immediately placed the cap on filler tube and called the service manager of the Firestone Service Center and informed about the cap being left off. He advised me to bring the vehicle back to shop for an oil change and a courtesy check.
I took my vehicle back to the shop on Dec 21, 2010. I informed the service advisor about oil dripping from the engine and leaving a stain on my driveway. The service advisor (Robert)said they would change the oil and clean the engine of excessive oil. They did not clean the engine or change the oil as promised, and only added oil as indicated on the service ticket.
By the way, my vehicle was serviced by the same technician who left the cap off in the first place. To make matters worse, the same technician left the oil filler cap off a second time as I checked my vehicle before leaving. I also told the service manager about this incident and he just looked dumbfounded and said he would probably have to fire the maintenance technician.
I'm not at all satisfied with their services and would not recommend them to anyone else because they did not change my oil or clean my engine as promised.
Tolbert Wyattd611dc5 review #212696
You may also like
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "First thing if your ever end up taking your car there, make sure u take it to another place to double check their work. Took the car to replace the clutch..."
- "So, first off, I have used Maaco before, with GREAT results at that. This time however, for the second 1997 Wrangler I have had painted by them, this was a..."
- "Since I am a global traveler and at the suggestions of some of my colleagues, I wanted to look into switching from AT&T to T-Mobile as a phone carrier. I..."
- "I paid $1,248 for two leather chairs at Port Charlotte, FL. The so-called leather started to crack a delaminate. The synthetic veneer about one mill thick and on a..."
- "Image isn't great quality because they remove all original images from their website so you cannot compare when your actual item ordered arrives. I found one in google to..."
- "I ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday through another online company that subcontracted to Wesley Berry. I had no idea the order was going through Wesley Berry until the..."
- "Not sure where to begin with these people. I received a call from a guy named Jim Parker, who said he was with the sheriff's office (918 area code, same..."
- "alopecia, a genetic disorder directly caused by breeding these dogs for their color. I approached the breeder via email to no avail. However, he quickly updated his website to..."