On Dec 7, 2010, I had my tires rotated and oil changed at the Firestone Service Center in Lawton, OK. After the work was completed, I got in my 2004 Ford Econoline 250 and drove off. After traveling about four blocks, I looked at the windshield to see the service sticker as to when my next oil change was due. To my surprise, there was no service sticker on the windshield. I went back to the Firestone Service Center and told the manager that I needed a service sticker. The manager installed a sticker on my windshield and I went on my way.
Ten days (Dec. 17, 2010) and 400 miles later, I heard what I thought was a hissing noise coming from the engine compartment. I opened the hood and I saw that the oil filler cap was laying on top of the radiator. The oil cap was dusty and so was the orifice of the oil filler tube indicating to me that some dirt had gotten into the engine. I immediately placed the cap on filler tube and called the service manager of the Firestone Service Center and informed about the cap being left off. He advised me to bring the vehicle back to shop for an oil change and a courtesy check.
I took my vehicle back to the shop on Dec 21, 2010. I informed the service advisor about oil dripping from the engine and leaving a stain on my driveway. The service advisor (Robert)said they would change the oil and clean the engine of excessive oil. They did not clean the engine or change the oil as promised, and only added oil as indicated on the service ticket.
By the way, my vehicle was serviced by the same technician who left the cap off in the first place. To make matters worse, the same technician left the oil filler cap off a second time as I checked my vehicle before leaving. I also told the service manager about this incident and he just looked dumbfounded and said he would probably have to fire the maintenance technician.
I'm not at all satisfied with their services and would not recommend them to anyone else because they did not change my oil or clean my engine as promised.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2004 Ford Econoline 250
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Paul's Jaguar took it upon themselves to Modify a Jaguar center console that I had ordered. When I returned it to be corrected, Paul's Jaguar Spliced a piece of leather..."
- "My new 2014 kia soul has glue leaking from the hatch and down onto my bumper, and now it stained my bumper. I went to the dealership and they..."
- "Had oil changed from firestone. Oil filter came off driving down the road. Reported it to them. They said it's impossible for oil filter to come off. I have..."
- "I am on my 2nd script of lidocaine patches. The first were white and incredible, sticky wonderful patches that stayed on for the full 12 hour dose. The new one..."
- "I received my delivery for Valentines Day. Not a single bud had broken open. I took pictures of what I received and tried to reply to my order/delivery email from..."
- "Dear Roxanna-ID# 4973, Per our phone conversation today 04/11/13 at 12:20PM EST, attached, here is the copy of the Guest Survey that was filled out fraudulently by someone on the staff..."
- "I have had this system for some time and all of the sudden it stopped working. I talked to Technical support about 4 times and one person asked me to..."
- "My professor gave me an assignment to work on in OWLv2. I tried opening it with my Desktop PC, however, the page won't actually load. It redirects me to a..."
- "Had done servey for buy one get one free jumbo jacks, hadnt ate in days. Husband walked four miles to have a kid make him feel like he was e..."